The Greek Bioeconomy Forum will hold its first event on the bioeconomy in Greece in Thessaloniki on May 10 and 11.
The following topics will be addressed: bioeconomy actions in Greece, entrepreneurship in the bioeconomy, postgraduate studies in bioeconomy, opportunities for funding from Greece, BBI JU and the European Union, and Greek policies on bio- and circular economy.
The event will also include:
- a special Info Session on the BBI JU 2019 Call for Proposals, with BBI JU Project Officer Thomas Vyzikas, where tips on how to prepare a successful proposal will also be provided
- exhibition of bio-based products and technologies
- networking session with universities, enterprises and governmental agencies
- workshops of 2 EU projects.
The Greek bioeconomy forum is a platform where individuals interested in bioeconomy and circular economy come together. The forum operates as a think tank and offers individuals and stakeholders the opportunity to meet, share and network among each other. The vision of the forum is to raise awareness about bio-economy & circular economy and promote the advantages and opportunities presented at local, regional and national level, including among other actions the transfer of know-how and experience in the EU and world-wide. Its aspirations include appealing to the Greek policy and business ecosystems by
- influencing the creation and implementation of a robust framework to motivate the development of bioeconomy as a whole
- supporting the elaboration and implementation of a national action plan to inspire and mobilize investments in bioeconomy and circular economy.