The first European Congress of Biotechnology in Interlaken, Switzerland, in 1978 marked the inauguration of the European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB). In 2018, EFB is delighted to welcome you back to Switzerland to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the EFB and the longest running biotechnology congress in Europe.
The European Congress on Biotechnology (ECB) 2018 is the leading congress for academic and industrial biotechnologists in Europe. Your participation in ECB2018 will, amongst others, enable you to:
- Hear Plenary lectures by stellar speakers who are leading biotechnological developments
- Meet Invited speakers who are world leaders in their fields
- Present your scientific results to the most relevant audience either as a poster or as one of 200 short talks selected from submitted abstracts
- Get a global perspective of Biotechnology in Europe and around the Globe
- Attend Satellite events on the opening day of the Congress, Sunday 1 July 2018
- Participate in or visit the Trade exhibition.
- Network with 800+ biotechnologists from academia and industry from 60+ countries
- Present products, services or activities offered by companies & scientific organisations
- Participate in “Highlight events” that focus on current challenges and controversies
- Attend a Publications Workshop designed to help young biotechnologists publish their work in leading biotechnology journals
The European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB) is Europe’s non-profit federation of National Biotechnology Associations, Learned Societies, Universities, Scientific Institutes, Biotech Companies and individual biotechnologists working to promote biotechnology throughout Europe and beyond. As the independent “Voice of Biotechnology in Europe”, EFB promotes the safe, sustainable and beneficial use of fundamental research and innovation in life sciences, while providing a forum for interdisciplinary and international cooperation.
More information will be available soon.