Launched in 2008, the Enterprise Europe Network is an initiative of the European Commission, designed to help SMEs innovate and succeed by providing a local gateway to global business opportunities.
Mission: to help European businesses grow and innovate by providing the local support and advice they need to nurture their international ambitions, find business partners and access funding and finance.
Vision: to help more of Europe’s ambitious, growth-oriented SMEs to succeed in bringing innovation to the marketplace on an international scale.
The Enterprise Europe Network brings together around 600 business support organisations from more than 65 countries. The member organisations include chambers of commerce and industry, technology centres, research institutes and development agencies.
Enterprise Europe Network local branches offer the following free of charge services:
- Innovation support services
- Cross-border partnering activities for business cooperation, technology transfer or Research & Innovation projects
- Access to finance
- Advice on EU law and standards
- Support on access to EU research funding
- Advice on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs)
- Speak up on EU law