The BBI JU Governing Board is the main decision-making body of the BBI JU. It carries the overall responsibility for the operations of the undertaking: implementation of activities, approval of the annual implementation plan, budget, account as well as the list of selected project proposals. It therefore guarantees the fulfilment of the objectives set by the Joint Undertaking.
The Governing Board is composed of 10 Board members representing equally the two BBI JU's Founding Partners: 5 from the European Commission and 5 from the Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC) representing the bio-based Industries in Europe.
More information on the functioning and tasks of the Governing Board.
Members of the Governing Board
European Commission members*
- John BELL. Director for Healthy Planet, DG RTD/C – Declaration of interest
- Carlo PETTINELLI. Director for Consumer, Environmental and Health Technologies, DG GROW/D – Declaration of interest
- Peter DROELL. Director for Prosperity, DG RTD/F – Declaration of interest
- Nathalie SAUZE-VANDEVYVER. Director for Quality, Research & Innovation, Outreach, DG AGRI – Declaration of interest
- Pavel MISIGA. Head of Unit, DG RTD/C1 – Declaration of interest
(*): As designated by their post according to Commission Decision 8958 (2019) of 17 December 2019
Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC) members
- Mat QUAEDVLIEG. Manufacturing SFPE, Vice-president strategic business project, Sappi – Declaration of interest
- Alex MICHINE. Managing Director MetGen – Declaration of interest
- Bill MORRESEY. Bioeconomy programme manager at Glanbia – Declaration of interest
- Giulia GREGORI. Strategic Planning and Corporate Communication (Manager) at Novamont – Declaration of interest
- Rob BEEKERS. Development, Cargill Bio Industrial (CBI) Strategic Marketing & Innovation – Declaration of interest
Decisions taken by the BBI JU Governing Board:
- Rules of Procedure
- Appointment of the Accounting Officer
- Decisions taken by the GB on the reimbursement of the members of the State Representatives Group
- Rules Governing the Traineeship Scheme of the BBI JU
- List of decisions taken at the BBI JU Governing Board meetings: